Thursday, May 15, 2014

One year MRIs TOMORROW...



About an hour and a half in the White Tube of Death (WTD) means I'll be taking a lil' somethin' something'...

We will be looking for the following in my films:
  • Lesions that used to be active but are now smaller and/or inactive (yay)
  • Previous "questionable" lesions which are now smaller and/or inactive (yay)
  • New active lesions (boo)
  • Old lesions that are STILL active and the same size or possibly larger (boo)
  • Previous "questionable" lesions which are larger and/or active (boo)

This will require contrast dye which explains the long time spent in the WTD and which feels, as my friend ES accurately described to me last night, as if you are a carry-on suitcase jammed into the luggage compartment of an airplane.

If I get more yays than boos, then I'll chalk it up to my disease modifying therapy (Tecfidera) working for me (hey, I've adjusted to it--the least it can do is work for me, right?) and overall good management of my disease course through healthy lifestyle (stress management, good sleep habits, nutrition supplements, primarily).

If I get more boos than yays, we might have to go back to the drawing board on the DMD to see what else might work.

But I feel pretty good these days and expect the former, not the latter, to occur. I reallyreallyreally hope I don't have to change pharmaceutical course because that will probably mean going from oral meds to injectables and that's not really in my plans...

Wish me luck!